Friday, November 20, 2015
CV skinlabs is one of our favorite lines because of how effective and healing it is. There's a product for everyone to use. Check out this informative Q&A with founder of CV Skinlabs, Britta Aragon:
What is the driving force behind CV Skinlabs?
We are out to change what consumers expect from their skin care products. The time for harsh, toxic chemicals that are linked with a number of health problems is over! Consumers deserve safe products made with natural and organic ingredients that actually nourish, repair, and help improve the condition of skin, but that’s rarely what they get when shopping in the department stores. On the other hand, that’s exactly what they get with our products, and once they try them, they don’t want to go back.
What is your mission, as founder of CV Skinlabs?
Our mission is to provide everyone—including those with sensitive skin, those going through medical treatments, pregnant women, and even babies—healthy, restorative skin care that delivers beauty and safety without compromise. Our products can be used by anyone with complete peace of mind.
We insist on the utmost in safety, by toxicologically examining and screening all ingredients for any link to irritation, cancer or hormone disruption, but we also conduct results-driven, rigorous clinical testing to be sure that our products perform at the level we expect. The result is a line of products that work like a healthy diet for your skin—full of good-for-you ingredients that actually give your skin what it needs to look and feel its ultimate best.
Is there a background story to the creation of CV Skinlabs?
I developed CV Skinlabs in response to a need. I was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s disease at the age of 16, so I know what it is to go through cancer treatments and to suffer the resulting side effects on the skin. We’re talking dryness, flaking, thinning, and premature aging effects. Yet I couldn’t find skin care products that did me much good. It was like slathering on a solution that did nothing but cover my skin for a few minutes.
It got even worse when my father was diagnosed with cancer. He suffered even more severe side effects than I did, including a nasty rash on his face. I tried products specifically targeted for “sensitive skin,” but they actually made his fragile skin worse. I later discovered they were laden with potentially harmful chemicals linked with irritation, eczema, redness, inflammation, allergic reactions, and even cancer.
After my father passed in 2007, I knew I had to make a change, so I founded Cinco Vidas in 2008, and dedicated the work to my father's legacy. In September 2011, I published When Cancer Hits, a guide for the newly diagnosed. But my dream was always to create a skin care line that would address the issue of sensitive, medically treated skin. So I assembled an expert team of leading dermatologists, toxicologists and holistic skincare chemists and developed CV Skinlabs. We launched in March 2012.
Why do people need CV Skinlabs products?
It’s kind of like asking why do people need to eat a healthy diet. The skin is an organ, just like the heart or the lungs. It requires the same sort of care, as far as nutrients and hydration are concerned. Yet somehow we’ve been duped into believing that we can slap a little petrolatum or alcohol on it and it’s fine. We need to change that thinking. The skin needs vitamins. It needs minerals. It needs fatty acids. It needs antioxidants. It needs the same types of things the rest of our body needs in order to function correctly.
When it doesn’t get these things, it becomes dry, cracked, and compromised—even “ill”—and that’s when you see things like fine lines, wrinkles, redness, thinness, and sagging. Healthy, properly nourished skin looks vibrant, radiant, and youthful. Plus it’s more likely to resist problems like dermatitis, eczema, rosacea, acne, and even cancer.
People want to look younger—that’s a given. What we need to understand is that a youthful appearance comes from good health. We understand that a healthy body looks good. We need to transfer that thinking to the skin. If you want to look radiant and young, you should be using CV Skinlabs, because that’s how you’re going to get your skin healthy.
Which skincare concerns does CV Skinlabs cater to?
CV Skinlabs can help with all sorts of skin conditions. I’ve mentioned most of them—dryness, cracking and flaking, peeling, thinning, redness, inflammation, eczema, dermatitis, rosacea, and sensitivity. Those with medically treated skin love our products. We’ve toured hospitals and cancer centers and nurses are astonished by the results they’re seeing in their patients. Those struggling with wounds that haven’t healed find things change when they start using our products. We’ve had moms write in to tell us how CV Skinlabs has helped speed wound healing for children with eczema. (Check our website testimonials for before and after pictures.)
Meanwhile, even those with so-called “healthy” skin are raving about CV Skinlabs because of the way the products boost treat dryness and create new radiance and glow. We’ve got makeup artists at New York City’s Fashion Week using CV Skinlabs on their models because of how it helps the skin look great even amidst a number of makeup and wardrobe changes. And holistic doctors love it, too, because they can recommend it to their patients without worry—all the ingredients are safe and the products really work.
What sets CV Skinlabs apart from the competition?
It’s true that there are other skin care companies out there that are focusing on natural and plant-based ingredients. What sets us apart is that we care about safety, sensitivity, and efficacy. We understand that a natural product that contains a known allergen is going to cause reactions in some of our customers, and that’s not okay with us. We know that even some natural ingredients are linked with skin irritation, and so they don’t end up in our formulas.
Sensitivity is a growing issue in today’s population. We’re surrounded by more chemicals than we ever have been before in history, and our bodies are reacting. We have more allergies. We have more reactions. We have more sensitivity. So we focus on ingredients that have a track record of being effective without causing these sorts of issues.
Finally, the last way that we’re different—and I think this is a big point—is that we care about efficacy. We want these products to work! I’ve tried natural products before and they may have smelled nice or whatever, but they didn’t make any difference in my skin. That’s just not acceptable. It’s a waste of money! So we worked hard in formulation and during testing to be sure that these ingredients worked well together, and in such a way that they really made a visible difference on skin. We couldn’t be happier with the results, and from what we’re hearing from customers, it was worth the effort.
Tell us about some of the unique characteristics of your products.
One thing that we’re really proud of is our Tri-Rescue Complex. Every one of our products has it. It’s a synergistic combination of three key ingredients:
· Bisabolol: This is the main active ingredient in the medicinal plant chamomile; it delivers powerful anti-irritant and anti-inflammatory properties.
· Reishi mushroom: This is known as the “mushroom of immortality;” it increases cellular turnover and hydration.
· Turmeric: This is an ancient spice that has been extensively tested lately for all its many health benefits; we already know that it’s a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, and some studies have indicated a potential anti-cancer activity.
We’ve combined these three ingredients to rescue damaged, inflamed, and sensitive skin.
We also use a number of other ingredients that have scientific data supporting their benefits—again, that dedication to real results! Some of these include:
· Aloe Vera and Water Lily: Help cool and heal burns, encourage healing, calm irritated skin and reduce inflammation.
· Jojoba, Olive, and Safflower: Provide superior moisturization, protect from dryness, soothe irritated skin, protect skin’s outer layer and give skin a smoother, softer appearance.
· Oat Kernel Extract and Beta-Glucan: Conditions skin, helps encourage healing, relieves itching and discomfort.
· Calendula and Sea Buckthorn: Reduces inflammation, encourages wound healing, supports skin-cell regeneration, promotes skin recovery, protect from the damaging effects of the sun, soothes skin conditions like eczema and dermatitis.
· Ginger and Vitamin E: Provides antioxidant protection, conditions skin, controls oil production, protects from the damaging effects of the sun, helps reduce age spots.
· Fair trade, certified organic shea butter from the Léo region in Burkina Faso provides superior moisturization to help heal cracks and peeling.
And finally, we’ve paid special attention to our packaging so that our customers with neuropathy, arthritis, or similar conditions can still use our products with ease.
· Safe from contamination: CV Skinlabs uses no jars, but only one-way evacuation pumps and tubes to reduce the risk of contamination, and to protect the ingredients from the effects of the air around us.
· Easy to use: People with arthritis, neuropathy, or other movement challenges caused by medications, diseases, or other health conditions can find it hard to perform simple tasks like buttoning a shirt or opening a jar. CV Skinlabs created customized bottles, tubes, and pumps easy to use by anyone.
· Recyclable, safe & BPA-free packaging: We use PET bottles (#1) & PE tubes (#2) which are picked up through most curbside recycling programs as well as not known to leach any chemicals linked to cancer or hormone disruption.
· No glass bottles: They can crack, break, and shatter, creating a safety hazard.
· Reduced ecological footprint: In an attempt to contribute to earth-saving manufacturing processes, CV Skinlabs included our product brochure on the inside of the packaging where appropriate.
FFollow @GBSBeauty on Instagram for your chance to win CV Skinlabs products during 12 Days of Giveaway starting on December 13th!
Tuesday, November 10, 2015
I loveeeee a good exfoliation, I mean who doesn't?! Get the silkiest skin with Juara's Coffee Invigorating Scrub and Daily Concept's Exfoliating Gloves. These 2 products are the perfect duo. So let's talk scrub. First of all, coffee. Must I go on? This is the perfect start to your morning to really get the energy flowing. This invigorating coffee scrub is made with Indonesian Sumatran coffee beans and finely crushed walnut shells that will awaken your senses when you exfoliate. Your skin will be brighter, more supple and nicely hydrated. It's a perfectly scratchy scrub without actually scratching your skin (if you know what I mean) & it really gets all of the dead skin off. Pair it with the exfoliating glove for the ultimate scrubbin'. Great for all skin types and cleanses thoroughly without any gross sulfates. For all you self tanners out there, you'll love this pre-tan. Hands down favorite scrub ever. Follow up with the Juara Candlenut Body Creme for ultimate deliciousness and hydration.