Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Simple Steps to Glowing Skin: Part I

“A year from now you may wish you had started today.” 
         ― Karen Lamb


GOAL: Skin that looks fresh, clear, and youthful. 

We all have tons of goals in life, where some are far-fetched and some are quite simple to reach. Sometimes we let the simple goals slip through the cracks and we forget how important they are. Let your skin be that simple goal, all you have to do is start taking care of it by doing and using the right products. 

GOAL: To help all my readers reach their goal of glowing skin.

I must admit (though it’s obvious) that I am quite the lover of all beauty products, whether it's skincare, hair care, or makeup. I am almost 24 and I am guilty of not really taking my skin all too seriously in the past. A few months ago I purchased a Clarisonic and it has made me see how much potential my skin has if I just make it one of my top priorities. In the next couple of days, I will let you in on my secrets of tips, products, and lifestyle changes through a few blog installments. 

GOAL: To make a promise to myself and readers that we won’t leave our skin in the dust, to stick to our skin goals and the steps that it will take to reach them. 

So without further or do, the keys to radiant skin starting from the inside and ending with the out. 

This blog will feature what a healthy, skin diet should contain:


Diet. How much water are you taking in everyday? Are you eating or not eating the appropriate foods?

Hydration, hydration, hydration is crucial for clear skin. Make sure you have a normal intake of water daily. Food has a huge impact on our skin as well, some which cause damage and some that could essentially help you get glowing skin. Here is a short list of the do's and don’ts of food for better skin:

DO EAT:
·         turkey (helps maintain collagen)
·         almonds (potent with vitamin E and helps protect skin from sun)
·         kiwi (packed with vitamin C for firm skin)
·         salmon (for luster and softness)

DON'T EAT:
·         salt (causes puffiness),
·         sugar (damages collagen and elastin),
·         alcohol (dehydrates skin), and too much chocolate
·         (causes over production of sebum, which will cause acne)

So start today.


Check out part II and III here by clicking through to the links!









No comments:

Post a Comment