Wednesday, April 8, 2015
9 Favorite DevaCurl Hair Tips
I love my DevaCurl and have been using it since 2009. I've picked up a few of my favorite hair tips over the years and want to share them with all of my curly girl readers!
1. Use a paper towel, old cotton t-shirt, or a microfiber towel to absorb moisture from curly locks. (favorite of all tips, I highly recommend the Deva Gloves)
2. Lower water pressure if it is too high on the shower nozzle to prevent your hair from being limp and lethargic
3. Baby fine hair? Skip the conditioning after cleansing, you may not always need it. Conditioner can make the hair too soft and reduce its body.
4. Clip hair at the roots to relieve wet hair of its own weight as it dries. Add a little gel to the clip and leave it in until hair is completely dry.
5. Mix gel with a sulfate-free cleanser and rinse well for extra body.
6. Summer is coming and that means a lot of pool swimming! Protect your hair by applying conditioner!
7. Cut your hair when it's dry.
8. Crazy hair in the morning?! Protect your curls while you sleep by sleeping on your back with your hair spread out over your pillow like a veil, OR gather hair gently at the center of the forehead with a fabric ponytail holder.
9. Don't stay in a steamy bathroom too long after showering, the humidity opens up the cuticle and causes a high frizz factor!